The Old Smithy (click on
photograph to bring up bigger/better version).
|This false frontage was built on to the old forge in Pentrerhedyn St. at the end of the 19th century, in readiness for a visit from the Prince of Wales. It has lost some of its castellation (top left and right), but is otherwise unchanged in appearance. The 1906 Ordnance Survey map shows 3 smithies in the town, but this is the only one still standing.|
Return to Pic List
Return to Mach Map